Cén fáth ICT?

  • HAP allows you to work full-time, while still receiving housing support.
  • The rent contribution payable by you will be based on the ‘differential rent scheme’ for your local authority. This scheme links the rent contribution a household must pay to the household income and the ability to pay.
  • HAP will help to regulate the private rental sector and improve standards of accommodation. Your local authority will inspect the rental property to make sure that it meets the required standards.
  • You can, if you want, avail of other social housing supports and options through your local authority’s transfer list.
  • Local authorities will be the single point of contact for all social housing supports.