How to qualify

You must be qualified for social housing support by your local authority, which means you must qualify to go onto your local authority housing waiting list. If you are already on your local authority’s housing list, and are not currently in a form of social housing, you will be eligible for HAP.

Current long-term Rent Supplement (RS) recipients who qualify for social housing support are being transferred from Rent Supplement to HAP.

Your local authority can check if you qualify for social housing support and HAP. Contact your local authority.