How to apply for HAP

If you are a new applicant for social housing support, you first need to fill out a Social Housing Support application form which is available from your local authority.

You then need to send your completed form to your local authority along with all of the documents needed to assess your case. You will get a list of these documents on your local authority’s Social Housing Support application form.

If you are approved for social housing support, or if you are already on your local authority’s housing list, you can ask for the HAP application form.

Only fill in the application form after you have found accommodation.

After agreeing a tenancy with your landlord, you and your landlord need to return the completed application form to your local authority as soon as possible.